AQUALYX™ Fat Removal, a non-surgical fat dissolving treatmentThe Knightsbridge Laser Clinic, London
Non-invasive Sculpting for Face & Body
The Knightsbridge Laser Clinic in Knightsbridge, London is happy to introduce the all new AQUALYX™ Fat removal/ dissolvent treatment, by our specialized surgeon, Dr. Johnson.
With no downtime, no surgery and no discomfort, AQUALYX™ is the perfect alternative for sculpting the face and body without having invasive liposuction surgery.
The human body naturally stores subcutaneous fat in order to supply energy in times of restraint. Every body distributes the subcutaneous body fat by a genetically determined pattern. In almost all cases this inherent distribution cannot be remedied by a special diet or increased physical exercise.
What is AQUALYX™?
AQUALYX™is an injectable, hydrous, micro-gelatinous solution, which is biocompatible and biodegradable. It causes the dissolution of fat cells, after which the body then expels the released fatty acids naturally. AQUALYX™ is a complex containing detergent from the desoxycholate family that has been physically modified in order to reduce the biological half-life and the sugar-based slow release system results in minimal side effects
How does AQUALYX™ works?
A solution is injected into the fat through a special AQUALYX™ sharp cannula using a unique technique. Usually 2 injection spots are required per region with the amount of product used differing according to the area of fat being treated. Lidocaine (anaesthesia) can be added to the solution before injecting to improve your comfort levels. The treatment is relatively painless with a warm sensation, itching, slight burning, slight swelling and reddening within the treated area for 1-3 days. The number of treatments required can vary depending on the area or amount being treated with as little as 1 or possibly 2 treatments required but up to 8.
What is the cost of an AQUALYX™ treatment?
The treatment cost ranges from £350-£800 per area per session. The doctor will advise the cost during your initial, free consultation.
The treatment areas commonly classified as:
- Upper abdomen (above the naval)
- Lower abdomen (below the naval)
- Love handles (both sides)
- Inner thighs (both side)
- Outer thighs (both sides)
- Saddle bags under the buttocks (both sides)
- Buttocks (both side)
- Front of both thighs
- Knees (both side)
Frequently Asked Questions
How often do I have these treatments?
Repeat treatments occur every 4 weeks.
Which areas can be treated with AQUALYX™
AQUALYX™ can be used for the dissolution of fat depots. It can be administered over the entire body, except for the area around the eyes.
- Face: double chin and pre jowl sulcus.
- Body: upper arms, armpits, waist, hips, saddlebags, knees, ankles, augmented fat deposits located on buttocks, chests and inner thighs.
- Other: lipoma and a buffalo hump.
What does the treatment involve?
Before the treatment: A thorough consultation is carried out by our specialist Doctor to determine whether the treatment is suitable for you. The doctor may examine your requested treatment area to determine if the treatment is suitable for you. A treatment goal will be discussed and finally a customised treatment plan will be tailored to your needs.
- AQUALYX™ is an ambulant and strain less injection procedure that will be conducted as follows:
- Marking of the affected area
- Injection of AQUALYX™ in the subcutaneous fat depot
- Optional: application of a soothing ointment
- Follow-up treatment after further consultation with your specialized Doctor
After the Treatment:
- The treated area should not be exposed to direct heat, sauna, sun, etc. or severe cold.
- Physical exercise should be avoided for about 4 to 5 days
- Application of cosmetics to the treated area should be avoided for at least 12 hours
- Intake of anti-inflammatory drugs (Ibuprofen etc.) should be avoided
- Bruising might develop within the treated area
- Itching and burning sensations as well as a feeling of pressure and minor aches and pains may occur, as well as minor swelling of the treated area
When will I see the result?
Swelling, minor bruising can sometimes occur directly after the procedure, but they should disappear within days, if not hours, of leaving the recovery room. The swelling will drop within a week. Once the swelling disappears, your recovery is finished and you will be able view the results in a matter of 2 months.
Examples / Before and Afters
Here are some real-life results using AQUALYX™ after various stages.
Why have your treatments at The Knightsbridge Laser Clinic, London
1. SPECIALIST DOCTOR: You will be treated by one of the UK’s leading cosmetic doctors who are highly experienced in the Tear trough treatment procedure
2. SERVICE & CARE: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
3. CLINIC LOCATION: The treatment is carried out at our clinic in the heart of vibrant Knightsbridge. We are based a 5 minute walk from Knightsbridge tube station
4. HIGH PATIENT SATISFACTION: Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas. We also have many that recommend friends and family to the clinic
5. PREMIUM MEDICATION : We use only premium and FDA approved products for the treatment
6. We are CARE QUALITY COMMISSION (CQC) registered and a SAFE FACE approved & regulated clinic. This ensures that we carry out treatments, hygiene and patient care to the highest of standards.
Call +44 (0)203 581 3391 to discuss your personal requirements or to book your free consultation.
» Map and Contact Details
The expertise of our doctor and trained personnel, together with our competitive prices and FREE CONSULTATIONS, make our clinic stand above the rest. For special offers, simply contact us to join our membership program.
*Price Note: Any prices quoted on this site are our standard prices. Be aware that prices may be subject to change without notice or tailored to your individual requirements or may be part of a promotion/special offer. You will be made fully aware of the total cost of any treatments following a free consultation before your treatment.