IPL Laser Acne ClearanceThe Knightsbridge Laser Clinic, London
Acne, a common skin problem
At some point in our lives, we all get acne. Thanks to the Ellipse IPL laser Acne Clearance at The Knightsbridge Laser Clinic, London your skin will be left flawless!
Acne is a real problem for most people varying in age and skin type. Regardless of one’s situation everyone experiences some form of an unsightly, inconvenient outbreak at some point in their lives.
There are many myths about the causes of acne, most surround diet and hygiene, however neither are accurate. Acne can be caused by the body’s increased production of the hormone androgen (produced by both men and women) which stimulates the sebaceous glands to produce more oil. The increased production of oil causes the pores to become blocked so that the oil cannot come up to the skin’s surface. The proprionbacterium/p-acne then feed on and break down this oil. As the bacteria multiply, waste products and sebacic acid are created and irritate the sebaceous gland which becomes inflamed causing a blackhead (open comedone), pimple or nodule.
Types of Acne:
The Ellipse IPL treats 3 types of acne:
- Acne vulgaris: Clogging of the hair follicles that leads to unsightly and sometime painful, skin lesions and pimples.
- Acne conglobata: Covers the back, chest, and buttocks with pustules and nodules, which might cause a severe bacterial infection, as well as extensive scarring
- Acne rosacea: an inflammation of the face, neck or chest
The schedule is 4 treatments, to take place once every 3-4 weeks. This routine can be repeated again to achieve further results if necessary.
Prices start from £100. Please do not hesitate to request a price list by sending an enquiry email to info [@] thelondoncosmeticclinic.co.uk. Alternatively you can email us with the areas that you’re interested in treating and we will contact you via email or via our call back services.
Fequently Asked Questions
Which skin types can IPL Acne Clearance treat?
On the Fitzpatrick scale skin types 1-3 and 4 can be treated with caution.
Does IPL Acne Clearance hurt?
Tolerance of pain is very individual from person to person. Many patients describe the sensation as a warming sensation similar to the feeling one has after a day on the beach.
Do I need to take special precautions before and after treatment?
The Ellipse acne treatment is a combination therapy. We recommend you use adapalene (Differin or Redap) cream or gel. Sun exposure should be avoided 30 days post and prior treatment and a SPF30+ must be worn daily.
What can I expect from IPL Acne Clearance?
Clients may notice some general redness on the face and following the treatment pigmented areas may appear darker and eventually disappear. Because the bacteria is difficult to eradicate completely, you will probably be recommended to continue using adaplene cream or gel some months after the treatment has ended.
How can I be sure Ellipse IPL Acne Clearance is safe and effective?
Clinical trials documenting Ellipse’s safety and effectiveness were carried out by leading doctors prior to the launch of the treatment, and these were published in respected, referenced medical journals. You are welcome to view these scientific papers on the Ellipse UK website www.ellipse.com
Examples / Before and After pictures
Watch this official Ellipe IPL treatment video showing how the IPL treatment is applied to an acne sufferer.
The Ellipse treatment works by directing pulses of light into the epidermis. The light is absorbed by the haemoglobin in the blood vessels that feed the sebaceous glands… watch and learn.
Here are some real examples of IPL acne clearance.
More Information on IPL Acne Clearance
You can obtain a clearer complexion without the use of antibiotics. Ellipse IPL can help and is very effective in clearing acne.
- Download the Acne Clearance Leaflet (PDF)
How acne develops
Acne occurs when sebum is unable to leave the skin because a hair follicle is blocked. This may result in growth of bacteria below the surface of the skin. Inflammation can occur, and rupture of an inflamed area can lead to scarring.
Our bodies produce a hormone called androgen, which stimulates our sebaceous glands to produce an oily substance called sebum. An overproduction of sebum can block pores, trapping the oil. Skin bacteria feed on and break down sebum also become trapped, and the mixture of hair protein, sebum, and fatty acids produced by the bacteria irritate the walls of the hair follicle causing inflammation.
How does the Ellipse I2PL treatment work on acne?
Ellipse IPL and laser systems work by reducing the blood supply to the sebaceous gland, which slows down production of sebum and accelerate the healing process for acne.
By directing pulses of light into the epidermis, the light is absorbed by the haemoglobin in the blood vessels that feed the sebaceous glands. Haemoglobin converts the light energy into heat, which damages the walls of the vessels supplying blood to the glands. This technique is called “Selective Photothermolysis”. The visible light produced by the Ellipse I2PL systems is carefully controlled to produce the correct pulse length and wavelengths to reduce the acne without damaging the surrounding tissue.
Why have your treatments at The Knightsbridge Laser Clinic, London
1. SPECIALIST THERAPIST: Our independent Specialist IPL/ Laser hair removal therapist is dedicated to providing personalized, esthetic treatments to address a wide range of skin care issues for the face and body. With over 8 years experience as senior therapist at the Ellipse flagship clinic in Knightsbridge, her knowledge expands from training, demonstrations of the equipment to medically assisted treatments on the Ellipse Machines. Our therapist has refined her ability to deliver safe and ethical treatments which reflects in her standards of clinical excellence.
2. SERVICE & CARE: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
3. CLINIC LOCATION: The treatment is carried out at our clinic in the heart of vibrant Knightsbridge. We are based a 5 minute walk from Knightsbridge tube station
4. HIGH PATIENT SATISFACTION: Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas. We also have many that recommend friends and family to the clinic
5. PREMIUM MEDICATION : We use only premium and FDA approved products for the treatment
6. We are CARE QUALITY COMMISSION (CQC) registered and a SAFE FACE approved & regulated clinic. This ensures that we carry out treatments, hygiene and patient care to the highest of standards.
Call +44 (0)203 581 3391 to discuss your personal requirements or to book your free consultation. » Map and Contact Details The expertise of our doctor and trained personnel, together with our competitive prices and FREE CONSULTATIONS, make our clinic stand above the rest. For special offers, simply contact us to join our membership program.
*Price Note: Any prices quoted on this site are our standard prices. Be aware that prices may be subject to change without notice or tailored to your individual requirements or may be part of a promotion/special offer. You will be made fully aware of the total cost of any treatments following a free consultation before your treatment.