Micro-pigmentation (Cosmetic Tattooing)The Knightsbridge Laser Clinic, London
Semi / Permanent Cosmetic Enhancements
The Knightsbridge Laser Clinic is happy to introduce Cosmedic® and Medical Micro-pigmentation at our premises in Central London.
The development of micro-pigmentation has grown tremendously and has become a preferred treatment in the cosmetic and beauty industry. Individual and customised applications are designed for every patient and the results are a convenient ‘quick fix’ with long lasting results, appropriate for today’s busy life styles.
Permanent cosmetic enhancement is a revolutionary beauty treatment used to define eyes, brows and lips to give a soft, natural finish that imitates perfectly applied make-up.
We believe in working with your natural features to create a long lasting look that enhances your natural beauty.
Micro pigmentation is the process of applying micro insertions of pigment into the dermal layer of the skin. Micro-pigmentation is also referred to as:
- Semi-permanent make-up
- Permanent make-up
- Permanent cosmetics
- Intradermal cosmetics
- Cosmetic tattooing
Cosmedic® Trained Consultant
The Cosmedic® permanent cosmetics brand is synonymous with quality. Our consultant has been trained to a rigorously high standard and uses state of the art equipment and medical grade pigments, which meet all European health and safety requirements. Her flare for colour and artistic aptitude ensures a first class enhancement.
Micro-pigmentation is used in the following facial & body areas:
Eyebrow enhancements: If you have little or no eyebrow hair or would like to perfect the shape of your eyebrows, creating a youthful lift to the eye area that emphasises your eyes, this if the treatment for you. Taking your face shape and colouring into consideration, this technique is achieved using fine hair strokes by hair simulation or a subtle colour mist infusion.
Eye Enhancements: Permanent eye enhancement can create a defined liner or subtle shadow. Emphasising your eye colour and making your lashes appear thicker, your eyes will appear larger and more striking. This is a convenient treatment for people who suffer with allergies to pollen or conventional eye make-up. Permanent eye enhancement is perfect for eliminating eye make-up smudging.
Lip Enhancements: Lips make your mouth appear more youthful by defining and flirting with the natural lip contour and introducing a haze of colour across your lips. This will give you a subtle or dramatic fullness in an attractive blush of colour that can be highlighted by adding a dash of lip gloss. Asymmetry can be corrected to a degree and your lips will always stay beautiful whatever the situation.
The craft can also be used to create medical enhancements to improve the appearance of:
- Areola and nipple restoration
- Scar camouflage
- De-pigmented skin
Candidates for Treatment
Micro-pigmentation can help people with the following conditions/requirements:
- People who have to look their best at all times
- Anyone who desires freedom from daily make-up application
- Busy people with little time to apply make-up
- Anyone with allergies to conventional make-up
- Those unable to apply make-up due to physical conditions
- Haire loss, alopecia and chemotherapy sufferers
- People with sparse or no eyebrows/eyelashes
- Contact lens wearers
- Those seeking to correct asymmetrical facial features
- Accident victims which has resulted in scarring or asymmetry
- Burn survivors
- People with scarring due to surgery
- Hypo-pigmented skin
- Those requiring areola and nipple reconstruction
Your treatment begins with a sensitivity test and consultation to discuss the range of designs, shapes and colours available to best suit you. Your Therapist will then create your look in conventional make-up. You can try different looks and colours until you are happy with the effect that is created for you.
Only then does the pigment infusion process take place, achieved using the Cosmedic® Device and medical grade pigments, which meet all European health and safety requirements.
Immediately after the infusion process your enhancement will display mild redness and swelling which may last for up to 48 hours.
The enhancement will be a darker shade that desired for approximately 1 week- gradually fading to a result which lasts for years. A complete, detailed after care regime will be given to you on the day of your procedure.
A follow up session is available 1 month later, paying particular attention to fine detail and colouring. This session is included in the initial price.
A colour boost session is recommended between 12-15 months after the follow up session to maintain your desired result and enhancement.
General Pre-Treatment Advice
- Since delicate skin or sensitive areas may be swollen or red, you are advised not to make social plans on the day of your enhancement
- If applicable please wear your normal make-up to your enhancement appointment
- Do not take aspirin or anti-inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen 2 days prior to your enhancement
- Do not discontinue any medication before consulting your doctor
- Keep alcohol intake to a minimum 2 days prior to your enhancement
- Do not use 1% Retin A skincare products close to the area to be treated for 6 weeks prior your procedure
- Do not use AHA skincare products close to the area to be treated for 4 weeks prior to your procedure
- Avoid professional chemical peels close to the procedure site for 4 weeks prior to your procedure
- Please be aware that the National Blood Service does not accept donations of blood for 4 months after micro-pigmentation
- Waxing and threading treatments should be performed no less than 1 week prior to your procedure
- IPL laser hair removal should be performed no less than 2 weeks prior to your procedure
- Electrolysis treatments should be performed no less than 2 weeks prior to your procedure
- Eyebrow tinting should be performed no less than 4 weeks prior to your procedure
- Eyebrow hair stimulating products should not be used for 4 weeks prior to your procedure
- Muscle relaxant treatments in the brow region should be performed no less than 2 weeks pre procedure
- Eyelash tinting or eyelash perming treatments should be carried out no less than 2 weeks prior to your procedure
- Eyelash stimulating products should not be used for 4 weeks prior to your procedure
- Artificial lashes should be removed 1 week prior to your procedure and not reapplied for 2 weeks post procedure
- Do not wear contact lenses during or immediately following your procedure. Remember to bring your glasses. You may resume wearing your contact lenses 24 hours after the procedure
- You may have mild swelling after your enhancement procedure and as a safety precaution you may wish to have someone drive you home
- If you have a history of cold sores (herpes simplex) and are scheduling a lip enhancement we advise you to use anti-herpes medication for example Zovirax ointment that can be obtained from a chemist. Use the preparation 1-week prior and 1-week after your enhancement 5 times a day to reduce the incidence of outbreak by 50%. Oral anti-herpes medication (available on prescription) will control the incidence of an outbreak more or less completely. Micro-pigmentation does not cause cold sores, however if you carry the virus, it lays dormant in the nervous system and can be aroused by the infusion process.
- IPL laser hair removal around the mouth should be carried out no less than 2 weeks prior to your procedure
- Waxing and bleaching treatments should be performed no less than 2 weeks prior to your procedure
- Electrolysis treatments should be performed no less than 2 weeks prior to your procedure
- Dermal fillers in the lip should be performed no less than 2 weeks prior to your procedure
Frequently Asked Questions
What Shall I Do Before Receiving My Micro-pigmentation Procedure?
Prior to your micro-pigmentation procedure think about the look that you wish to achieve. As experts in the field of colour analysis and makeovers, we ensure that the correct colours and styles are chosen for you, however you are part of the decision-making process. *A little tip- fashion changes so it’s best to enhance your natural features.
Micro-pigmentation enhancements normally require multiple application sessions. To achieve the best results you may be required to return for a complimentary tune-up procedure between 4 and 12 weeks after the initial application.
Be prepared for the colour intensity to be significantly sharper and darker immediately after the procedure. This will subside and become softer as the skin heals. This process can take up to 14 days.
Does the Micro-pigmentation tretament hurt?
A numbing agent is used prior and during the procedure to ensure your utmost comfort, however very sensitive patients might find the procedure uncomfortable and must be prepared to “override” the discomfort. They might find the level of discomfort as:
• The eyebrows are rated as 2-3 out of 10 • The eyeliner is rated as 4-5 out of 10 • The lips are rated as 6 out of 10
How long does the treatment take?
The treatment duration is usually between 2hours-2.5hours depending on the area being treated. With 1 to 1.5 hours scheduled for the control or refill procedure.
When do I have a control or refill procedure?
Inconsistent colour may occur once the skin has healed. Control or refill procedures are generally required and must be done between 4-12 weeks after the initial procedure. This is regarded as 1 refill and is included in the initial price.
How dark will the enhancement be?
Immediately after the procedure the enhancement can be 30-70% darker than the desired result.
When do I need a colour boost treatment?
Colour boost procedures are advised 12-15 months after your refill or control procedure. This ensures the enhancement keeps its optimum quality. SPF 30 is recommended to prevent the enhancement from fading in the sun. The pigments are not permanent and will fade over time. One cannot guarantee the life of a procedure.
How much does Micro-pigmentation cost?
Prices vary on the area treated and are upon request. As a guideline they range between £295-£395.
Why have your treatments at The Knightsbridge Laser Clinic, London
1. SPECIALIST THERAPIST: Our independent Specialist IPL/ Laser hair removal therapist is dedicated to providing personalized, esthetic treatments to address a wide range of skin care issues for the face and body. With over 8 years experience as senior therapist at the Ellipse flagship clinic in Knightsbridge, her knowledge expands from training, demonstrations of the equipment to medically assisted treatments on the Ellipse Machines. Our therapist has refined her ability to deliver safe and ethical treatments which reflects in her standards of clinical excellence.
2. SERVICE & CARE: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
3. CLINIC LOCATION: The treatment is carried out at our clinic in the heart of vibrant Knightsbridge. We are based a 5 minute walk from Knightsbridge tube station
4. HIGH PATIENT SATISFACTION: Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas. We also have many that recommend friends and family to the clinic
5. PREMIUM MEDICATION : We use only premium and FDA approved products for the treatment
6. We are CARE QUALITY COMMISSION (CQC) registered and a SAFE FACE approved & regulated clinic. This ensures that we carry out treatments, hygiene and patient care to the highest of standards.
Call +44 (0)203 581 3391 to discuss your personal requirements or to book your free consultation. » Map and Contact Details The expertise of our doctor and trained personnel, together with our competitive prices and FREE CONSULTATIONS, make our clinic stand above the rest. For special offers, simply contact us to join our membership program.
*Price Note: Any prices quoted on this site are our standard prices. Be aware that prices may be subject to change without notice or tailored to your individual requirements or may be part of a promotion/special offer. You will be made fully aware of the total cost of any treatments following a free consultation before your treatment.