Skin Peel TreatmentsThe Knightsbridge Laser Clinic, London
An effective treatment for aged and tired skin
The Knightsbridge Laser Clinic in Knightsbridge, London offers safe and effective chemical and natural peels for the skin and associated skin problems.
Excessive build up of dead skin cells on the face and body, which make the skin thick and dull, usually clogging the pores, hyperpigmentation, severe acne and skin laxity all contribute to aged and tiresome looking skin.
What is the ageing process?
Skin aging is a natural process, but daily sun exposure can contribute to premature aging, slowing down the turnover of skin cells between healthy new cells and old damaged cells. Here are the main signs of ageing skin:
- Age spots
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Rough skin
- Skin laxity (loss of elasticity)
- Erythema (redness)
- Sallowness (complexion)
- Hyperpigmentation (discoloration)
What are chemical peels and how do they work?
Skin peels can offer a revolutionary way to effectively treat ageing skin, acne, reduce sun damage and hyperpigmentation. This procedure can also help the skin to appear smoother, healthier, plumper and tighter.
The procedure involves the application of a safe chemical solution to the surface of the skin to produce the careful removal of its outer layers. The amount of skin removed will depend on the type of chemical used, the strength of this product and how long it is left on the skin.
Skin peels are usually described according to how deep they work on the skin. Below are some examples of the type of peels and the kind of language you can expect to hear used when discussing chemical peels.
- SUPERFICIAL PEELS (Obagi Blue Radiance Peel)
Remove the outer layer of the skin or the epidermal layers.
- SUPERFICIAL TO MEDUIM DEPTH PEELS (such as Innovation Concept peel)
Remove the skin slightly deeper than epidermal layer.
- MEDIUM DEPTH PEELS (Trichloroacetic acid such as Obagi Blue peel, Easy TCA peel)
Remove both the epidermal layers and upper dermal layers.
Which peel should I have?
At your consultation, our experienced Aesthetic Therapist will examine your skin and discuss your preference in order to determine the most effective peel specifically for you.Please see the tabs above for more details on the peels we offer (e.g. Green Peel, Obagi Blue)
How much does the treatment cost?
Skin Peels start from £120
Obagi Blue RADIANCE™ Peel
The Obagi Blue RADIANCE™ Peel provides instant radiance, a tighter, smoother, brighter looking skin after just one use! Obagi Blue Peels are an in-clinic chemical peel for the face and only performed by appointed professionally trained specialists. It is used to help accelerate the transformation to a more beautiful, healthier looking skin.
Lasting Results with Obagi™
Now it’s time to ensure maximum, lasting results. Blue Peel RADIANCE™ effectively exfoliates the uppermost damaged skin layers, leaving your skin fresh, renewed, and radiant
A Gentle Peel Treatment
The Obagi Radiance Peel offers a lighter peel to patients that want great skin but are willing to have follow up sessions. The Radiance Peel is a blend of Salicylic, lactic and glycolic acids, as well as other ingredients to gently exfoliate the uppermost damaged layers of the skin resulting in a tighter, smoother and brighter condition.
While Blue Peel RADIANCE™ is formulated to be gentle, you may experience mild peeling and redness on your journey to revealing fresh, glowing skin. In fact, you should see noticeable results after just 1 treatment.
Blue Peel RADIANCE™ will penetrate the top layer of skin to reduce fine lines, large pores, comedones (resistant black heads) and minor skin pigmentation problems. The time period for healing differs from person to person though the red effect from the skin peel should be less within 3-6 days.
Due to the superficial nature of the product a typical series of 4-6 sessions is recommended every 4-6 weeks.
The Importance of Post-peel Care
After a treatment with Blue Peel RADIANCE™, you will need to care for your skin to maximize and maintain results. The single most important thing to remember after any chemical peel is to wear non-chemical sun protection (SPF 30 or higher) at all times. Obagi recommends Sun Shield Matte Broad Spectrum SPF 50 or Obagi Nu-Derm® Physical UV Block SPF 32. Be sure to ask your aesthetic physician about these products.
NeoStrata® Skin Rejuvenation System
The Knightsbridge Laser Clinic in London is happy to introduce a new anti-ageing, skin rectifying, chemical peel system from NeoStrata®. Using carefully selected amounts of AHAs such as Glycolic Acid, Mandelic Acid and Citric Acid, a wide range of skincare concerns can be treated.
NeoStrata Skin Rejuvenation System is an easy to use clinically effective peel system based on Glycolic Acid, the original Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) discovered by the owners of NeoStrata Company Inc., Drs. Van Scott and Yu. These peels are superficial to medium depth peels, allowing your aesthetic practitioner to balance efficacy with their client’s lifestyle to avoid lengthy recovery periods or the deeper, more aggressive treatments whilst providing a highly effective superficial peeling system.
In addition there are targetted peel treatments, for example the booster peel for oily and acne prone skin based on mandelic acid, and the lightening and brightening booster peel with kojic acid and arbutin.
If you are considering having a course of peels your aesthetic skin care practitioner will talk you through the ideal pre peel product you will need to see optimal results from the SRS peel system.
A Proven Treatment
- Neostrata is scientifically advanced, clinically proven skin peel treatment to visibly resurface, restore and refine your skin so you look and feel beautiful. You will see a dramatic, noticeable change in your skin.
- NeoStrata has been proven effective across a wide variety of skin types and skin conditions including photo ageing, rosacea, hyperpigmentation, severe dryness and acne.
- NeoStrata contains powerful, proven cosmeceutical ingredients established over years of clinical study and use, combined with exciting new ingredients and new technologies.
The effects on the 3 layers of the skin:
- Surface effects: this layer will be smoother, more compact, it will have an improved barrier, brighter and more luminous in appearance and softer in texture.
- Middle layer: this layer will be more even in colour as the pigment clusters are broken up and the melanin production is reduced. The cell turnover is increased and improved resulting in increased epidermal thickness.
- Deep layer: this layer sees and increased stimulation and production of collagen and elastin, plumping and firming the skin. Wrinkles are smoothed from inside out as the elastic tissue is preserved.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are AHAs (Alpha Hydroxy Acids)?
- These are acids that are naturally occurring and found in fruit and milk sugars.
- They act as exfoliators and stimulate skin renewal.
- They cause the cells of the surface layer to become “unglued”, allowing the surface cells to slough (flake) off.
- They stimulate the production of collagen plus normal, healthy elastic tissue.
How do AHAs benefit our Skin?
- Smoother texture; softer, younger looking skin.
- Increased evenness and clarity of skin tone, a less mottled appearance.
- The skin looks fuller and more firm with increased elasticity.
Which skin conditions can be treated and improved?
- Acne prone skins
- Keratosis Pilaris (skin becomes rough and bumpy, as if covered in permanent goose pimples)
- Hyperpigmentation (darkening of skin)
- Rosacea (facial flushing, facial redness, spots, thickening of the skin)
- Aged skins
- Surface textural improvements/ superficial acne scars
How many sessions do I need?
We recommend 4-6 sessions on a monthly basis. A once off peel can also be done for increased exfoliation and a boost to the skin.
Can I continue having alternative cosmetic treatments whilst having peels?
Yes, we encourage combination treatments and therapies for some patients to ensure desirable results. There is usually a 2 week period between treatments, however this will be explained to you in your treatment regime. A healthy skin foundation leads to a beautiful facial and body structure.
Can I have a tan while having this SRS peel?
Yes, this system works differently to our IPL/ Laser treatment. You can have a tan prior to these treatments, however we recommend you wear a SPF 30-50 after having chemical peels. In our opinions avoiding the sun post peel is usually best.
Is this system safe on all skin types?
Yes all skin types can be treated, provided the prescribed pre-peel preparation-2 weeks prior to peel- has been fulfilled. This will be explained to you by your aesthetic practitioner.
Are there different chemical peel strengths with the SRS system?
Yes we have a variety of strengths available as well as booster peels to target specific skin conditions and concerns. You will be placed on 20% glycolic acid to begin with and then progress to higher doses. This is monitored and decided by your aesthetic skincare practitioner, depending on how your skin reacts to the AHAs.
How long does a session last?
Your treatment takes about 45min.
How much does it cost?
Pay as you go:
1st session- £120 (this includes your pre peel product that you can use throughout).
Any additional sessions are £85.
Course of 4 sessions including a free pre peel product: £340
Course of 6 sessions including a free pre peel product: £475
Why have your treatments at The Knightsbridge Laser Clinic, London
1. SPECIALIST THERAPIST: Our independent Specialist IPL/ Laser hair removal therapist is dedicated to providing personalized, esthetic treatments to address a wide range of skin care issues for the face and body. With over 8 years experience as senior therapist at the Ellipse flagship clinic in Knightsbridge, her knowledge expands from training, demonstrations of the equipment to medically assisted treatments on the Ellipse Machines. Our therapist has refined her ability to deliver safe and ethical treatments which reflects in her standards of clinical excellence.
2. SERVICE & CARE: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
3. CLINIC LOCATION: The treatment is carried out at our clinic in the heart of vibrant Knightsbridge. We are based a 5 minute walk from Knightsbridge tube station
4. HIGH PATIENT SATISFACTION: Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas. We also have many that recommend friends and family to the clinic
5. PREMIUM MEDICATION : We use only premium and FDA approved products for the treatment
6. We are CARE QUALITY COMMISSION (CQC) registered and a SAFE FACE approved & regulated clinic. This ensures that we carry out treatments, hygiene and patient care to the highest of standards.
Call +44 (0)203 581 3391 to discuss your personal requirements or to book your free consultation.
» Map and Contact Details
The expertise of our doctor and trained personnel, together with our competitive prices and FREE CONSULTATIONS, make our clinic stand above the rest. For special offers, simply contact us to join our membership program.
*Price Note: Any prices quoted on this site are our standard prices. Be aware that prices may be subject to change without notice or tailored to your individual requirements or may be part of a promotion/special offer. You will be made fully aware of the total cost of any treatments following a free consultation before your treatment.